A little bit of me, on your screen

Friday, February 5, 2021

February's Monthly-Must Haves

                                         Beauty Pie's Super Healthy Skin Cleanser


I would love to say I was the type who was religious about removing my makeup after a night out, but if I did, my pants would probably burst into flames. I am definitely guilty of finishing a late shift and crawling into bed with what is left of that days foundation smeared across my face. However, lock down has left me no choice but to start taking better care of my skin, after all, I can no longer blame the split shift or shite Spoons Pinot for the cause of my poor, dehydrated mug.

On my hunt for a glowy complexion I was gifted Beauty Pie’s Super Healthy Skin Cleanser. The beauty brand describe it as the ultimate deep-pore clearing, super-clay foaming cleanser that gives you a spa clean complexion, and they aren't fibbing. With one wash my skin instantly appeared brighter and, unlike most clay based cleansers i have tried, it didn’t leave my skin feeling tight or needing to be caked in moisturiser. The cleanser also doubles up as mask so you don’t need to faff about looking for one, meaning it is kind to your pockets as well as your face.

The ingredients are pretty delicious too. Kaolin absorbs excess oils, so is great for those of us who struggle with an oily t-zone. And it doesn’t include fragrance or parabens, which means it is really gentle as well! 

So, what is beauty pie and why is it so fabulous? Well, Beauty pie was founded by the super women that is Marcia Kilgore and it is a part of a new wave of brands set to take the beauty industry by storm. It’s a subscription service that gives members access to luxury cosmetics at factory prices – and it’s not too good to be true. You can buy their beauty products without a subscription as well and it still wont break the bank. So, go on and have a little nose, fill up that basket and thank me later. 


For my favourite cleanser - 


New Look Lounge Wear and Pjs

Everyone needs a matching set of pretty pyjamas in their lives. There just isn't anything better. I would go as far as saying its up there with the feeling of matching undies, and we all know how fabulous that is ladies. 
So, if you are looking for a new pair of cozies then look no further. My go-to has always been New Look, their sets are to die for. Whether you are looking for long, short or something a little more date night appropriate, New Look offers affordable nightwear that does not lack quality.

When lock down 3.0 was announced I frantically ordered a zillion sets of lounge wear, because really what else am I going to wear to my living room? And, with things looking unlikely to change for a while you too may be in need to update your cozy collection. My personal fave are a pair i was gifted for Christmas. Here I am on Christmas day modelling said Pjs, you can't knock a trier... 


*Sadly, I could not find the link to the set I was gifted but below are links to something similar, happy shopping!

For New look's gorgeous nightwear & lounge wear -


My book of the moment: Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine.

I used to be an avid reader, I took a level English literature so I spent two years with my head in a lot of books. Admittedly, not all I liked. I mean how much can one really enjoy the Canterbury Tales, there is old English and then there is old English, it made no sense to me. I was never going to get it. However, since having a lot more free time on my hands, I have fallen back in love with reading.

My mum recommended this Gail Honeyman novel to me, as she was by her friends. The book was the winner of the 2017 Costa debut novel award. And rightly so. It did take a long time for me to get round to reading it but, although I am late to the party, I am so glad I decided to give it a whirl. 

The novel focuses on 29-year-old Eleanor Oliphant, a social misfit with a devastatingly tragic past who becomes head over heels for a singer, whom she believes she is destined to be with. It deals with themes of isolation and loneliness, and illustrates Eleanor's transformation journey towards a fuller understanding of self and life. It is a real roller-coaster, so be ready to laugh and cry at the same time. I promise it wont disappoint.


Buy from Waterstones and help to keep our book shops open - 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig